CODE OF CONDUCT
In 2015, WISTA International implemented a Code of Conduct. Did you know that? Here are a few lines of the Code of Conduct, which we think is crucial for our Association.
“The success of WISTA is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our members and the industry at large. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity, and reaching our goals through honorable conduct.”
Our Core Values, Vision, and Mission
- Members of WISTA’s NWAs shall be honest and treat all members with dignity and respect.
- Members of WISTA’s NWAs shall respect the opinions of members, as well as the cultural differences amongst members.
- Members of WISTA’s NWAs shall work together cooperatively for the betterment of the Association and will not use WISTA for their own personal gain to the detriment of the Association.
- Members of WISTA’s NWAs shall strive to be known by the maritime industry as fair, honest, diligent, hardworking, and caring people with integrity.
- WISTA shall endeavor to advance the interests of women in the maritime industry and promote an exchange of contacts and experiences among the members of its NWAS, which could lead to new business and new business relationships.
- WISTA supports the founding of new NWAs to broaden networking opportunities and encourages cooperation among neighboring NWAs and regions, including sharing best practices and ideas to help all NWAs grow and be successful, for everyone’s benefit.
- Members of WISTA’s NWAs shall strive to be professional, dynamic, open-minded, and committed in all aspects of their professional and personal lives.
“National WISTA Associations are strongly encouraged to incorporate this Code of Conduct into their national codes and take appropriate action if they become aware of any breaches of this Code of Conduct by their members.”